Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brewski number twoski

Well, it was bound to happen: I would neglect the blog. Anyhoo, a few things have happened in recent weeks: 1) Shea and I have adopted some puppies that he found in the middle of the road and thought were horse shit until they moved. Their names are Mabel and Deeda (short for Perdida). They are adorable little muts with black bodies and white paws. Mabel is furry and Deeda is short-haired. Deeda is the alpha and Mabel is a massive clutz who always starts the fights but can't win them. 2) I have bought my ticket to get the the F*%$ out of here on April 23rd. USA! USA! Urbaninity! USA! 3) Shea's foot gets grodier and grodier looking as it heals but that is, apparently, a good sign. 4) We've had two reporters, one from BA and one for the Sydney Herald, come through to write articles about La Confluencia. Both articles are forthcoming in the next month. 5) Shea and I have another Brewski in the works--a Belgian Strong. The last one was so tasty we had to see if it was beginners luck or straight skillz.

That's it on the news front. On the the existential side, I'm wondering what to do with myself when I get back to the states and am open to your suggestions. Cooking is definitely a love but I remain unconvinced that it is the best direction for my long-term happiness. Ever met a chef that's not overworked, easily pissed off and generally resentful of people outside the business? No? Me neither. And well, considering the amount of time I spend pissed off by all the oblivious and trifling people around me that "don't get it" and are clearly "f*&#ing idiots," I think I might be headed in that direction... So, let me know what you think.

XO,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment