Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcome to the Jungle

It is raining. It was raining yesterday and it will rain tomorrow. Outside of the daily ten-minute down-pours of September, I had not thought much of living in a rainforest. Now, however, summer is over and the rainy season is approaching: I'm imagining myself digging beds in sheets of rain and it is not a pretty picture. On the flip side, all this rain has created an incredible waterflow over our waterfall. What was a trickle yesterday looks like something out of the Indiana Jones ride at Universal Studios today.


My transition into hippydom is almost complete: without having thought about it, I have stopped applying deodorant. It was not until thursday of last week, when I was distracted by my own funk in a garden full of smelly things (like chicken poop) that I realized this. I have also almost completely cut out meat (except for an incredible lau lau i ate the other day) and it feels AWESOME. I'm not going to attribute my continued health to a lack of meat, however. I'm thinking it has more to do with my increased consumption of delicious and fresh vegetables in place of things like three fresh-out-of-the-oven burger buns for dinner. Vitamins work y'all.


I've killed my camera (rainstorm, wet backpack) so I have to figure out how to upload things from my phone before i can post more pictures.


Happy sunday!

C

No comments:

Post a Comment