Tuesday, September 8, 2009

My whole body hurts. Why? Because today I dug another bed and planted it with lima beans. Yesterday I noted that I was
excited to have learned this skill which is still true today. However, what was different about today's bed turning experience was that the bed was twice as long, I did most of it myself, and it rained torrentially in the middle of it. Basically I was shoveling rain-heavy and clay-like soil for two hours and then turning that soil on top of itself while i mixed in chicken manure and oyster shells for calcium. By lunch time, my movements were lethargic and I felt as though I were floating, not walking. My back and obliques are going to be angry for the next two days.

On another note, it turns out WWOOFers at Hale Akua have group therapy seshes after work on Mondays. It was very productive and we worked through some kitchen cleaning politics. People who live in Hale Akua are asked to practice Non-Violent Communication or NVC (You down with NVC? Yeah you know me!) so the session was facilitated by an NVC aficionado.

Tonight I pan fried up some small white fishies that Len caught. I made a relish with young but pink papaya, radishes, cucumbers, cilantro and citrus all from the grounds and some coconut rice to go along side. It was pretty yummy. Wish I had taken pictures.

Below are some pictures pertaining to the Bamboo and Brewskies post. Courtesy of Lulu McAllister of course--glad one of us wants to document this trip :).





Aloha,
CMC

No comments:

Post a Comment