Sunday, September 27, 2009

Worship

The WWOOFers are headed off to church (apparently we attend the drum circle every sunday) in a bit so I must make this brief. I've been less than consistent in updating the blog lately not only because the group here meshes really well and I find myself in its company often but also because, as a result of county inspections at Hale Akua, I have been moved to a much nicer but internet-lacking bedroom. Because of the inspections, the woman behind the legend, Lori Grace: Owner and Founder of Hale Akua/Shangri La has been on the premises for the past week. In the week preceding her arrival, you could hear the wind rushing through the bamboo and whispering "Lori Grace is coming! Lori Grace is coming!" The farm managers took heed to the wind's warnings and we WWOOFers spent a good week beautifying the gardens. (Read: weeding). Good news, Lori Grace is very nice indeed.

I bought a pretty sweet mumu-jumper last week that I have been wearing with pride. I'll photograph it for you.

I learned how to harvest lemongrass on friday and found it to be very rewarding even though it gave me a few nasty paper cuts.

I've started attending the complimentary yoga classes run by the retreat manager. His practice is interesting to me because it includes a good half-hour of breathing exercises before going in to postures. Another really interesting point to mention about the yoga is that the masculine energy in the class far outweighs the feminine. Lulu and I were the only females in a class of eight people. What with a lady-run farm and a manly yoga studio, I'm all sorts of gender confused on this place. (Awesome).

Aloha!
CMC

No comments:

Post a Comment