Tuesday, September 14, 2010

not knowing what to do with myself

Today, I was called off work at 6 am. This left me not only neurotically insecure--Don't they love me anymore?!--but also without a daily activity (something I really can't stand). So, I brushed aside my hurt feelings and decided to take advantage of the slight nip and crystal clearness of a Fall morning in San Diego and drive up to Julian for apple picking/eating/subsequent-pie-making. On the way, we stopped at the waterfalls at Cuyumaca State Park: the falls were lovely and hummingbirds followed us around while drinking from the more nectar-like drippings of the creek (no exaggeration). Some pictures:

Emperial Apples


4 parts butter 5 parts flour pie crust


makes a giant pie


and a lot of peals (for the wormies--who I thought I had killed but are still alive!)



Tonight is The Jer's Birthday so the pie is (mostly) for him.

1 comment: