Monday, September 6, 2010

pictorial evidence of my gustatory existence

Here are some pictures of what I have been up to over the last five months.

In May, I briefly resurrected the Cream Queenz for MIHO


In June, I was drinking Micheladas with Lulu in Austin


Later in June, I had picked and salted olives from trees in the central coast and marinated them with thyme, lemon zest and chili flakes


July was busy. First I went to the fair with Allie and ate this piece of American artistry:


They called it a Texas Tater Twister. Mid July saw the advent of cupcake city when I started working full time for these guys: chocolate cake with cherry-marshmallow frosting, coconut tres leches cake with lime and pistachio frosting, lemon buttermilk cake with peach tea frosting and candied spicy pecans...




Late in the month, I got my first taste of Ensenada in the form or a stegosaurus-sized clam filled with every type of sea food imaginable, including slug.


Needless to say, this clam convinced me that I need to go to Mexico more often and did just that in August for the grape harvest festival in the Valle de Guadelupe. This is when I ate fried cricket tacos and loved every bite of them (picture forthcoming). By the end of August I was eating at Nobu Las Vegas with a certain Argentine permanent resident to see how their version of an Alfahor stacked up.


Not pictured is the part where we ate barracuda with miso powder and milk poached garlic chips. YUM.

The end.

1 comment:

  1. that looks so good. all of that looks so good. nobu LV? i am jealous. adam and i ate at a tiki themed buffet in old vegas and i got food poisoning. did i tell you how while i was ralphing in the bathroom there somebody was smoking in the next stall and the cleaning lady was yelling at me about it? it was a very polyester and polydent experience on the whole.

    ReplyDelete